Kenya Relations with the Netherlands
Kenya and the Netherlands have maintained warm and cordial relations with both countries having resident Ambassador in each other’s capital. Over the years the Netherlands extended development assistance to Kenya.
Many projects that have been undertaken with the Dutch include:
- Development of Arid and semi-arid lands,
- Rural domestic water supply & sanitation,
- Health Environment & Urban development
- Infrastructure development
- Agricultural research & Human Resources Development
Kenya’s export to the Dutch market comprise mainly of horticultural produce. The Netherlands is the largest buyer of Kenyan flowers, mainly for re-export to other markets.
Other exports from Kenya include:
- Live animals,
- Coffee & Tea,
- Infrastructure development,
- Fruits & vegetables,
- Fish & tobacco.
The leading imports from the Netherlands comprise:
- Automatic data processing machines,
- Clothing & clothing accessories,
- Household items,
- Linen & furnishings,
- Machinery & transport equipment,
- Dairy produce,
- Plastics & electronics